Mood disorder appointments in Oxnard, CA
A mood disorder is a broad term used to describe a range of condtions that impact your mood and its function. Find the best doctors and mental health specialists to address mood disorders in Oxnard, CA. Top-reviewed doctors and specialists available today at affordable cash prices - without insurance. Need a prescription? Doctors on Sesame can prescribe $5 medication with FREE delivery to treat a range of mood disorders.
What are the symptoms of a mood disorder? There are a range of mood disorders that impact millions of Americans. In general, the most common symptoms of a mood disorder include loss of interest in activites you once enjoyed, changes in appetite, difficulty sleeping or sleeping more than usual, difficulty concentrating, anxiety, crying, and more. If you're concerned you may be suffering form a mood disorder, talk to a doctor or mental health specialist today.
Video prescription refill visit
Jodi Rook, PA
- Family medicine
- "Outstanding appointment with Jodi. She listened attentively and explained everything very clearly. I will definitely use Sesame and Jodi's services in the future and I would highly recommend Jodi and Sesame"
- $5 MEDS
About mood disorder
Mood disorders are mental health conditions that affect your emotional state and ability to function. A mood disorder may make you feel extremely sad, empty, or irritable (depressed). In other cases, you may experience periods of sadness followed by extreme happiness (mania).
It is common for your mood to change based on different situations. Mood disorders are characterized by these emotional symptoms occurring for several weeks or more. Common forms of mood disorders include:
- Major depressive disorder (depression): Prolonged periods of sadness with no discernible cause
- Bipolar disorder: Periods of depression alternating with periods of mania
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD): Depression that commonly occurs between late fall and early spring
- Premenstrual dysmorphic disorder: Irritability and mood changes that coincide with an impending menstrual period.
Mood disorders may be caused by several factors. If you feel like your emotions are interfering with parts of your daily life, talk to your doctor about possible treatment options. These disorders rarely go away on their own, but can usually be treated with therapy and/ or medication.
Below is a list of common medications used to treat the symptoms of mood disorders, which a doctor or provider may prescribe to you for just $5 through SesameRx.
Please note that all prescriptions are at the discretion of your doctor.