Comprehensive vision and eye wellness exam. This exam includes a full ocular health check and dilation. Some examples of disease or conditions evaluated in a medical eye exam include but are not limited to: cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, dry eye, conjunctivitis, and allergies.What's included
What's not included
- • Internal and external exam of the eye
- • Glaucoma evaluation
- • Cataract check
- • Diabetes health maintenance (if applicable)
- • Prescription for eyeglasses (if applicable)
Things to keep in mind
- • Prescription for contact lenses (this is an additional fee starting at $48, due at the time of service.)
• Medical eye exams offer a more thorough examination of the eye itself in addition to checking vision (refraction). Refraction is the part of a visit that determines your eyeglass prescription. A medical eye exam will include additional testing and dilation, and will address the overall health of your eyes!
• Eye health emergencies available for an additional fee.
- • Our experienced eye doctors offer comprehensive vision examinations to the people of the Kansas City metro area from Harrisonville to St. Joseph, with many locations in between, and specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide array of eye diseases, conditions, and problems.We use advanced diagnostic technology and vision correction products and are committed to improving the quality of life for our patients through enhanced vision.
Erin Bales, OD, provides primary eye care for all age groups at both the Crossroads District and Kansas City North locations including diagnosis and treatment of ocular disease, fitting of contact lenses, and co-management of refractive and cataract surgery.
Erin grew up in the Kansas City area. She received a Bachelors of Science in Biology from Rockhurst University where she also played collegiate tennis. She enjoys traveling, the outdoors, trying new restaurants and going on mission trips. Erin also attends and is involved with Redeemer Fellowship Church in Midtown.