Comprehensive vision and eye wellness exam. This exam includes a full ocular health check and dilation. Some examples of disease or conditions evaluated in a medical eye exam include but are not limited to: cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, dry eye, conjunctivitis, and allergies.What's included
What's not included
- • Internal and external exam of the eye
- • Glaucoma evaluation
- • Cataract check
- • Diabetes health maintenance (if applicable)
- • Prescription for eyeglasses (if applicable)
Things to keep in mind
- • Prescription for contact lenses (this is an additional fee starting at $48, due at the time of service.)
• Medical eye exams offer a more thorough examination of the eye itself in addition to checking vision (refraction). Refraction is the part of a visit that determines your eyeglass prescription. A medical eye exam will include additional testing and dilation, and will address the overall health of your eyes!
• Eye health emergencies available for an additional fee.
- • Our experienced eye doctors offer comprehensive vision examinations to the people of the Kansas City metro area from Harrisonville to St. Joseph, with many locations in between, and specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide array of eye diseases, conditions, and problems.We use advanced diagnostic technology and vision correction products and are committed to improving the quality of life for our patients through enhanced vision.
John Burton, O.D. attended the Illinois College of Optometry, in Chicago and received his Doctorate in optometry in 2018. He provides full scope optometry including management of ocular diseases, co-management of cataract and refractive surgery, contact lens fitting, dry eye disease, and pediatric care. His fourth-year external rotation included the Memphis Veterans Affair Hospital, the Tallahassee Veterans Affair Hospital as well as in Vision Source Eyecare.
John is a native of Overland Park, Kansas where he attended Blue Valley Northwest High school. He then attended University Central Missouri and graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science in Biology while also playing on the football team. John met his wife, Julie Lafreniere O.D while both attending optometry school and recently moved to the Kansas City area. They enjoy hiking, traveling and watching their Kansas City area sports teams!