Sore Throat Doctor Near Me in Frisco, TX
Maninder Kaur, NP
- Adult health
- "Maninder was very knowledgeable and knew exactly which meds were best for me and my condition. The appointment was rapid but clear and concise. I honestly could not have been more pleased and I have saved the site on my desktop so that its handy for the future."
- Available today
- $5 MEDS
Philana Boyd, FNP
- Family medicine
- "Philana Boyd was wonderful I could tell she cared about giving good medical care. I will definitely use Sesame again & will be telling my friends & family how great it is. Thank you for making this service available!"
- Available today
- $5 MEDS
About Sore throat
A sore throat, also known as pharyngitis, may feel coarse, irritated, or swollen. Inflammation in the throat can be made more painful when talking or swallowing. Common symptoms of a sore throat include:
- Dryness and/or hoarseness
- Swelling of the lymph nodes in the neck or jaw
- Pain or difficulty when swallowing
- Swollen tonsils that are red or have patches of white discharge
- Changes to your vocal quality
Other symptoms that can accompany a sore throat include chills, coughing, fever, earache, sneezing, nausea, headache, or stuffy nose. These symptoms often indicate infection, whether it’s viral, fungal, or bacterial. Viral infections like the common cold and the flu are the most common causes of a sore throat. Strep throat is the most common bacterial infection of the throat, which affects 1 in 10 adults and 3 in 10 children every year. Other serious illnesses involving a sore throat include tonsillitis and mononucleosis.
Not all sore throats are caused by infection. A sore throat may result from non-infectious causes including overuse of the voice, sleeping with your mouth open, acid reflux, pollution, and allergies. Talk to your doctor if you have hoarseness that lasts longer than two weeks, chronic or recurring sore throats, trouble breathing, a visible lump at the back of the throat, excessive drooling (in children), or a sore throat that is accompanied by an extremely high temperature (over 100.4 F).
Below is a list of common medications used for the treatment of a sore throat, which a doctor or provider can prescribe to you for just $5 through SesameRx.
Doctors on Sesame will not prescribe controlled substances. Note that all prescriptions are at the discretion of your provider.
Treatment options for a sore throat vary depending on its underlying cause. Most cases of sore throat caused by the common cold or flu will go away without treatment in about 5 to 7 days. During your appointment, talk to your doctor or provider about which of these treatment plans is right for you.