Fast Diarrhea Treatment in Runge, TX
Maninder Kaur, NP
- Adult health
- "Maninder was very knowledgeable and knew exactly which meds were best for me and my condition. The appointment was rapid but clear and concise. I honestly could not have been more pleased and I have saved the site on my desktop so that its handy for the future."
- Available today
- $5 MEDS
Philana Boyd, FNP
- Family medicine
- "Philana Boyd was wonderful I could tell she cared about giving good medical care. I will definitely use Sesame again & will be telling my friends & family how great it is. Thank you for making this service available!"
- $5 MEDS
Diarrhea is a loose or watery bowel movement. It is an extremely common condition that usually goes away on its own within a few days. Along with sudden, urgent, and watery bowel movements, diarrhea may include symptoms such as:
Diarrhea is most frequently caused by a viral infection of the bowels, which is commonly called “the stomach flu” or “intestinal flu”. Other causes of diarrhea include:
- Bacteria (such as E. coli)
- Intolerance to certain foods (such as Celiac disease or lactose intolerance)
- Medications (antibiotics frequently list diarrhea as a side effect)
Most cases of diarrhea will go away after a few days. If diarrhea persists for more than a few days, it may indicate a more serious medical condition such as irritable bowel syndrome or bacterial infection. If left untreated, diarrhea can lead to dehydration, electrolyte deficiencies, and kidney problems. Even though diarrhea is usually treated at home with simple therapies, severe or long-lasting diarrhea can cause significant health problems. If you’ve been experiencing diarrhea for several days without improvement, talk to a doctor or health care provider.
Treatment for diarrhea depends on the cause of the condition. Below is a list of therapies used to treat diarrhea. During your appointment, talk to your provider about what treatment plan might be right for you.
Diarrhea can cause serious cases of dehydration. Be sure to supplement your treatment with plenty of fluids and electrolytes to maintain hydration.