Nausea Prescription Medication and Treatment in Laramie, WY
Nausea is a feeling of queasiness and discomfort in your stomach often with the urge to vomit. Nausea is not a disease itself, but an indication that something is wrong. It is a symptom of a wide range of conditions or may be the result of an unhealthy action.
Some potential causes of nausea include:
- Gastroenteritis (stomach flu)
- Food poisoning
- Overeating or eating too much greasy, spicy, or sugary food
- Excessive amounts of alcohol
- Heart attack
- Reaction to strong smells
- Early stages of pregnancy (morning sickness)
- Motion sickness
Nausea itself is usually harmless, however, it can be a symptom of a more serious issue. If your nausea is accompanied by a severe headache, severe stomach pain, difficulty breathing, a stiff neck, or confusion you should seek prompt medical attention. You should get medical help if you suspect you’ve ingested a poisonous substance or are severely dehydrated.