Therapists and Doctors Near Me in Concord, NC for Depression
Marvin Cotten, PA
Video mental health consult
- "Marvin is very experienced person in this field. I felt confident that he understands my current mental health condition and was able prescribe medication. Now I feeling much better than before. I am glad that I found the right Psychiatrist."
- Available tomorrow
- $5 MEDS
Depression, also known as major depressive disorder or clinical depression, is a type of mood disorder that negatively affects how you think, behave, and feel. Untreated depression can lead to a range of emotional and physical issues.
- Feelings of sadness
- Loss of interest in or pleasure in most normal activities
- Outbursts of anger or frustration
- Troubles with sleep such as sleeping too much or insomnia
- Fatigue or lack of energy
- Anxiety or agitation
- Loss of appetite or increased craving for food
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Suicidal thoughts
Depression can make it difficult to carry out day-to-day tasks and affect personal relationships.
According to Psychiatry.org, depression affects nearly one in fifteen adults, with one in six people experiencing depression at least once in their lifetime. While there are common risk factors for depression (like hormones, brain chemistry, genetics, and environmental factors), depression can affect anyone.
If you are experiencing symptoms of depression, talk to a doctor or mental health care provider right away.
If you think you might hurt yourself or are experiencing suicidal thoughts, call your doctor or a suicide hotline to speak to a mental health professional. In the U.S., the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) or text 741741.