What is Sesame?
Sesame is the first-ever healthcare marketplace, connecting thousands of healthcare providers across all 50 states directly with American consumers who are seeking high-quality, convenient medical care at unbeatable cash prices - no long wait times, no hidden fees, and no insurance needed.
Find top doctors near you across 40+ specialties and pay them directly to save up to 60% on prescription refills, skin consults, imaging, dentistry, therapy, labs and more.
How does booking care on Sesame work?
Sesame makes it easier than ever to find and pay doctors online directly - allowing you to book an in-person or telehealth appointment in less than two minutes. To get care today, follow these easy steps:
- Search for telehealth or in-person appointments by specialty, condition, or provider
- Choose a provider at a price and time that work for you.
- Pay for your appointment online, up front.
- Before your appointment begins, complete a brief medical history form.
- If you’re seeing a doctor online, click the link sent to your email to join a secure online telehealth appointment. If you’re seeing a doctor in person, go to their office at the time of your appointment.
- If you are prescribed medication and choose medication delivery, it is usually delivered to your home within 2-3 business days. Otherwise, you can select a local pharmacy often with same-day pick-up. Providers on Sesame can prescribe anything deemed medically appropriate, except for the limited set of controlled substances (as defined under the Controlled Substances Act).
What kind of perks do Costco members receive?
Costco Members receive Sesame’s best pricing on a range of health services across all 50 states, including:
● Virtual primary care, just $29.
● Health check-ups (a standard lab panel, plus a virtual follow-up consultation with a provider), just $72.
● Virtual mental health therapy, just $79.
● Plus, 10% off of all other Sesame services, including in-person appointments.
How do I access Costco member perks?
Before you can access your Costco member pricing on Sesame, Costco members will need to create an account and verify their Costco membership via their Costco.com account. To get started, click here.
Does Sesame take my insurance?
Providers on Sesame are incredibly affordable and often less expensive than your copay. The services listed are out-of-network with insurance companies for appointments, but depending on your coverage, your insurance may reimburse you for money spent on healthcare from a provider not normally covered in your insurance network. Sesame provides you with a bill to submit to your insurance for your appointments.
If you have medication prescribed to a local pharmacy, you can use your insurance to pay for medication, and you will only owe your copay or deductible costs for that medication.
We also accept HSA and FSA payments for appointments and medication.
What is Sesame’s cancellation policy? (Costco)
Sesame’s cancellation policy makes booking, canceling, and rescheduling easy. Sesame will honor a full refund for any of our appointments when canceled within the following time constraints:
- Virtual appointments: cancel up to 3 hours before the scheduled appointment.
- In-person appointments: cancel up to 24 hours before the scheduled appointment.
- All other appointments (including labs, imaging, and appointments that do not have a specific day or time at purchase): cancel up to 10 days after the purchase date once Sesame confirms with the provider that the appointment did not take place.
We are unable to offer refunds for the following:
- Requests within 24 hours of your appointment time for in-person appointments.
- Requests within 3 hours of your appointment time for virtual appointments.
- Requests to prescribe a particular medication or complete particular paperwork that is not accepted.
- Surgical procedures with confirmed scheduling.
- A lab must be completed within 7 days of purchase. Sesame cannot issue a refund after the 7-day window.
- Any refund request more than 10 days after the scheduled visit.
If you make a same-day appointment by mistake and need to cancel, Sesame will refund you if you request a cancellation within one hour of completing the purchase.
Who are the doctors on Sesame?
All clinicians on Sesame (doctors, dentists, nurse practitioners, etc.) are independent medical professionals.
What kind of specialties does Sesame offer?
Sesame makes it easier and more affordable than ever for patients to find trusted specialists across 40+ specialties for online appointments or in-person visits in select markets. Specialties listed on Sesame include primary care, radiology, mental health, dentistry, dermatology, cardiology, endocrinology and more.
Can I get a prescription refilled?
Yes, you can book a video or in-person prescription refill appointment in which a provider will review current medications and prescribe a refill if necessary. Search appointments here.
What is a telehealth appointment and how does it work?
Telehealth appointments are medical visits that allow you to speak to a doctor or health care provider online or through a phone call. They allow you to access quality care right from home, often at a better price. Doctors on Sesame provide high-quality care over video, including screening for COVID-19, diagnosing your eczema, treating erectile dysfunction, crafting a treatment plan to fight depression, and so much more. To get the most out of your visit, make sure you are in a well-lit space with a solid wifi connection.
How can I get help or assistance?
Costco members can contact Sesame Customer Support via phone from 6 am to 6 pm PDT, 7 days a week. The dedicated Costco support line is (877) 714-7763.
After hours, a voicemail will invite the caller to leave a message and Sesame will return the call the next business day.
What is included in a health check-up?
In all states except NY, NJ and RI:
The health check-up is a bundle that includes the following services:
- A lab order + lab testing for a Standard Health Panel
- A virtual follow-up appointment with one of our providers to discuss the results of your Standard Health Panel.
The standard lab panel includes: CBC (complete blood count), CMP (Comprehensive Metabolic panel), Lipid panel (cholesterol) and Urinalysis.
Before purchasing, you will be able to select a Quest or Labcorp location that is most convenient for you, along with a provider of your choice for your follow-up appointment.
In NY, NJ and RI:
Due to legal restrictions in these states, patients are required to pay for lab tests at the lab facility. This means that you are still able to order your health check-up through Sesame, but it will only include a lab order and follow-up visit; your lab testing fees are not included in this visit.
Do Costco members need to create individual Sesame accounts for their family members?
Nope! Families can conveniently make all their bookings under one single Sesame account, as Costco memberships are shared among family members. This feature allows families to manage all their bookings and preferences more easily and efficiently.