Candida Infection Treatment in Elk Grove, CA
Find top-reviewed doctors, dentists and specialists who treat candida infections near you in Elk Grove, CA - starting at just $30. Pay them directly on Sesame to save up to 60% on your care. $5 medication for candidiasis with free delivery available when you book a visit with a doctor on Sesame, if appropriate. No insurance needed.
What is a candida infection?
Candida infections are fungal infections that occur in various parts of the body, caused by an overgrowth of the naturally occurring candida fungus. The most common symptom of a candida infection is an itchy rash in the affected area. In some cases, a candida infection may enter the blood stream, resulting in a potentially life-threatening condition known as Invasive Candidiasis. If you think you may be dealing with a candida infection, talk to a doctor on Sesame to discuss treatment plans. If appropriate, your doctor can prescribe $5 medication with free delivery. No insurance needed.
Virtual vaginal infection visit
Sylvia Udokoro Nwakanma, DNP, FNP-C, PMHNP-BC, APRN
- Family medicine
- "Dr. K was prompt, professional and a problem solver. She's the best. Wish she was my primary physician here! What a great company you have."
- Available today
- $5 MEDS
About candida infection
Candida is a common type of fungus that lives on and in the human body in small amounts. It is a type of yeast that likes to live in places like your mouth and belly, or on your skin. Candida can live on your body in small amounts without causing any problems, but certain environments can allow the yeast to grow out of control, causing an infection known as candidiasis.
There are several types of candidiasis:
- Oropharyngeal Candidiasis (Often referred to as Thrush). Thrush occurs when the candida yeast spreads in the mouth. It is most common in newborns, elderly people, and people with weakened immune systems. Sometimes it will spread to the esophagus causing esophagitis.
- Genital Candidiasis (Genital Yeast Infection). An overgrowth of Candida in the genital area (typically the vagina) can lead to a genital yeast infection. While both men and women can get these infections, they are more common among women. Three out of four women will get a genital yeast infection at least once in their lifetime. Genital candidiasis can be caused by pregnancy, certain lubricants, spermicides, medications, or diabetes. The symptoms of a genital yeast infection tend to be itchiness, redness, or swelling of the vagina; pain or burning when you pee; and a white, cottage cheese-like discharge.
- Cutaneous Candidiasis (skin infection). This infection usually occurs in moist areas of the body that don’t receive much ventilation. A common form of skin infection is diaper rash. In adults, cutaneous candidiasis may occur in the skin between fingers or toes, the armpits, and the groin.
- Invasive Candidiasis. Invasive candidiasis occurs when the Candida fungus enters the bloodstream and infects the blood or internal organs, usually via contaminated medical devices (such as a central venous catheter). Unlike other forms of Candida infections, invasive candidiasis is a serious, potentially life-threatening infection, because it may affect the heart, brain, eyes, and bones. Invasive candidiasis most commonly occurs in patients with weakened immune systems, or patients undergoing long hospital stays.