Irritable Bowel Syndrome Appointments in Anchorage, AK
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common condition characterized by cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, gas, diarrhea, and constipation. IBS is chronic and requires continued management to reduce discomfort and symptoms.
If you're struggling with IBS - or need help diagnosing your conditions - talk to a doctor or specialist on Sesame today. Same-day visits available at affordable cash prices in Anchorage, AK - starting at just $5. No insurance needed.
Video prescription refill visit
Dr. Amol Malankar, DO
- Family medicine
- "Dr. Amol Malankar was an excellent physician who was efficient, empathetic and very patient. He will be my go to doctor if I use sesame again. He deserves the highest compliments for his care."
- $5 MEDS
About irritable bowel syndrome
IBS treatment focuses on symptom relief so that you can live as normally as possible. Your doctor might suggest medications such as:
- Pain medications. Pregabalin and gabapentin are two drugs that can help with extreme pain and bloating.
- Fiber supplements. Constipation can be controlled by taking a psyllium supplement with water.
- Laxatives. If fiber doesn't work, your doctor might suggest over-the-counter laxatives such as magnesium hydroxide oral or polyethylene glycol.
- Anti-diarrheal medications. Loperamide, an over-the-counter medicine, can help reduce diarrhea. A bile acid binder such as cholestyramine, colestipol, or colesevelam, may also be prescribed by your doctor.
- Anticholinergic medications. Anticholinergic drugs are used to treat a variety of conditions. Painful bowel spasms can be relieved with medications like dicyclomine. They're sometimes given to patients who have diarrhea problems.
This is not a complete list of medications your doctor may prescribe. Consult with your doctor about what medication is right for you.