Irritable Bowel Syndrome Appointments in Fargo, ND
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common condition characterized by cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, gas, diarrhea, and constipation. IBS is chronic and requires continued management to reduce discomfort and symptoms.
If you're struggling with IBS - or need help diagnosing your conditions - talk to a doctor or specialist on Sesame today. Same-day visits available at affordable cash prices in Fargo, ND - starting at just $24. No insurance needed.
About irritable bowel syndrome
IBS treatment focuses on symptom relief so that you can live as normally as possible. Your doctor might suggest medications such as:
- Pain medications. Pregabalin and gabapentin are two drugs that can help with extreme pain and bloating.
- Fiber supplements. Constipation can be controlled by taking a psyllium supplement with water.
- Laxatives. If fiber doesn't work, your doctor might suggest over-the-counter laxatives such as magnesium hydroxide oral or polyethylene glycol.
- Anti-diarrheal medications. Loperamide, an over-the-counter medicine, can help reduce diarrhea. A bile acid binder such as cholestyramine, colestipol, or colesevelam, may also be prescribed by your doctor.
- Anticholinergic medications. Anticholinergic drugs are used to treat a variety of conditions. Painful bowel spasms can be relieved with medications like dicyclomine. They're sometimes given to patients who have diarrhea problems.
This is not a complete list of medications your doctor may prescribe. Consult with your doctor about what medication is right for you.