Best Doctor for Dizziness Near Me in Palmdale, CA
Chidinma Onuigbo, NP
- Available today
- $5 MEDS
Dr. Kerolos Tawfeek, MD
- Available today
- $5 MEDS
Dizziness is a term used to describe several disorienting sensations that may occur when you’re moving or staying still. Nearly everyone experiences harmless dizziness on a regular basis, and in most cases, a “dizzy spell” will go away after a few seconds. However, frequent dizziness, or dizziness accompanied by other symptoms, may indicate an underlying health concern.
- The feeling of “motion” or the “room spinning”
- Faintness (the feeling like you may faint)
Dizziness is one of the most common reasons people see their doctor. Dizziness may be caused by factors such as poor circulation, effects from medication, inner ear disturbances, vestibular migraines, or motion sickness. Other causes of dizziness include alcohol use, anxiety, low blood sugar, low blood pressure, or head trauma.
Inner ear conditions are a common cause of dizziness. These conditions are the result of your brain reorienting itself after receiving signals that are inconsistent with what your eyes and senses are receiving.
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV): BPPV causes you to feel dizzy for a few seconds after a quick change in head or body position. BBPV is the most common cause of vertigo, mostly affecting aging people or people who have experienced a head injury.
- Ear infections: Viral or bacterial infections of the ear may damage the vestibular nerve, which sends signals to the brain about balance. This can result in serious and prolonged vertigo.
- Meniere’s disease: Meniere’s disease is a condition of unknown cause that leads to spells of hearing problems, tinnitus (ringing in the ear), and prolonged episodes of vertigo that can last anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.
Dizziness, especially in older people, can lead to balance problems and falls. It may also signify something more serious. Getting dizzy now and then isn’t a cause for concern. If you experience frequent or debilitating dizziness, talk to your doctor about your symptoms.
Below is a list of medications commonly used to treat dizziness, which a doctor or provider can prescribe to you for just $5 through SesameRx.
Note that all prescriptions are at the discretion of your health care provider.
In most instances, dizziness will go away on its own within a few seconds or moments. No treatment is needed. If you are experiencing frequent dizzy spells, prolonged dizzy spells, or are worried about your safety, several treatment options exist. During your appointment, talk to your provider about what treatment plan for dizziness is right for you.